How do I apply rules to my messages in Outlook?
Rules help to keep e-mail organized by automatically performing actions on messages as they arrive in the Inbox or when they’re sent.
To create a rule in Outlook:
- Click Tools on the main screen of your Outlook client.
- Highlight and select Rules Wizard. The Rules Wizard window will open.
- Click on the New button.
- Select the type of rule and then click Next.
- Choose the conditions that the should trigger the rule and click Next.
- Choose the actions that Outlook will take when this rule has been activated and click Next.
- If there are any exceptions to the conditions for activating this rule, select the relevant exceptions from the list, then click Next.
Outlook will require that the variables for this rule be configured in the Rules Description section before proceeding to the next step. Click on the underlined variable in the Rules Description section to specify a value for that variable.
- In the Please Specify a name for this rule field, enter a name for the rule. To run this rule for messages already received in the Inbox, check the option Run this rule now on messages already in the “Inbox”. To activate this rule immediately, leave the Turn on this rule box checked.
- Finalize any Rule Description variables and click Finish to save the rule.
The rule will now be visible in the main screen of the Rules Wizard.
Was this answer helpful?
Follow the steps below to set up Outlook 2002 to retrieve email from our mail server. From the...
Setting the email account to be a catch all account will mean that not only will it collect email...
No, there is not any limitation on mail attachment size.
Yes, individual email users can update their passwords within the webmail client. Log into...
Yahoo spam filters can filter out email sent from Alps HOSTif the security level is set high....