How do I set up an Access database connection in Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 for ASP.NET pages?
- Setup your site in Dreamweaver per this article
- Open or create a new ASP.NET page.
- Expand the Application panel and select the Databases tab.
- Click on the add (+) button, and select OLE DB Connection.
- In the OLE DB Connection window, enter a Connection name.
- Choose either one of these connection strings below, and enter it in the Connection String textbox.
If you want to use a DSN that you created using the Access ODBC Tool in the control panel, enter:
If you want to use a DSN-less connection (recommended), enter:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=[Path to Database]"
- Click on the Test button to test the connection. Once successful, click OK.
You can now use the database connection in the Dreamweaver wizards when inserting datasets or query results.
Note: Dreamweaver will upload scripts to your site to test the database connection. For security purposes, Macromedia recommends removing these connection scripts once your site has been deployed. Click on Site menu, Advanced, Remove Connection Scripts.
Was this answer helpful?
Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 and Dreamweaver MX allow you to connect to remote sites using...
Setup your site in Dreamweaver per this article Open or create a new ASP page....