How do I connect to my site with Macromedia Dreamweaver MX?
Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 and Dreamweaver MX allow you to connect to remote sites using FTP. The following instructions are written for Dreamweaver MX.
- Open Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
- Goto Site -> New Site. You should new see the Site Definition Dialog box
- Switch to Advanced View
- Select Local Info in the Category section
- Enter a name you want to identify your AlpsHOST account in the Site Name Box
- Enter your domain name in the HTTP Address box
- Select Remote Info in the Category section
- Change Access dropdown box to FTP
- Enter ftp.YourHostedDomainName.com in the FTP Host Name box. You can enter either your FTP address (ftp.YourHostedDomainName.com) or the temporary FTP address in this box.Note: For domain transfers, your FTP address will not work until your domain name is fully transferred.
- Leave Host Directory blank
- Enter your ftp username in the Login box.
- Enter your ftp password in the Password box.
- Check Use Passive FTP
- Click OK
- You should now see the new site you just defined in the Files Panel.
The above is the most basic setup for Dreamweaver MX to connect to our server. For more details, please review these articles :
Setting up Dreamweaver FTP connection
How to define a site in Dreamweaver
Was this answer helpful?
Setup your site in Dreamweaver per this article Open or create a new ASP.NET page....
Setup your site in Dreamweaver per this article Open or create a new ASP page....