Securing Connections with SSL Certificates
If your website accepts customers' sensitive data (such as credit card information, for example), it is recommended to secure the communication to and from your website using an SSL/TLS certificate. The benefits of using an SSL/TLS certificate are twofold:
- All connections to and from your website are encrypted and cannot be intercepted by a third party.
- An SSL/TLS certificate issued for your website confirms your website's validity. Thus, visitors know that they are indeed browsing your website (as opposed to a malicious website set up by a third party).
Knowing that the website they are browsing is authentic and that their payment information will not be compromised raises the confidence visitors have in your website. This makes having an SSL/TLS certificate essential, for example, for an online store.
If you want to secure your website with an SSL/TLS certificate, you can do it via Plesk. You can choose any of the following scenarios:
- Use a certificate that you already own.
- Get a free certificate from Let's Encrypt.
- Purchase a certificate from a Certificate Authority.
- Use a self-signed certificate.
To manage your SSL/TLS certificates, go to Websites & Domains and click SSL/TLS Certificates.
Was this answer helpful?
To view the error log for a particular website Go to Websites & Domains > the site's...
Watch the video tutorial If your hosting package includes more than one domain name (website),...
Content Management Systems (or CMS) are third-party applications that provide a graphical user...
After a website has been created, it does not become available on the Internet right away. After...
Watch the video tutorial To upload a website from your computer to the Plesk server by using...